After The Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again

“After The Fall: How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again” was written and illustrated by Dan Santat.  It’s about the famous Humpty Dumpty and his great fall. We all know the nursery rhyme, he climbs a wall and falls and he gets patched up by all the kings men. In this story Humpty Dumpty developed a fear of heights. He missed out all the fun stuff like the good cereal on the top shelf and the beautiful bird on top of the big wall. Humpty Dumpty created his own birds to replace the birds he used to see on the top of the wall. One day one of the birds he made got stuck on top of the big wall. So he started to climb, and he climbed and climbed and got more and more nervous. Until he reached the top and got  over his fear of heights. In grade two I went mountain biking with family friends, and just at the end of the trail I fell of a root went to my skin. So I was rushed to the hospital and was given six stitching. I didn’t bike for two years until I brought up the courage and biked with my family again.